How to set up your outdoor entertaining area for summer sundowners
Text the group chat – it is summer sundowner’s time! Clear the calendar, outdoor entertaining is back and in a big way. We’ve broken down some of our favourite set ups for you to shop the look and bring these gorgeous outdoor entertaining looks to your home. From picnics to elegant soirees, you’ll find the summer sundowners perfect for you.
Pour the champagne and sharpen the cheese knife…
Transform your classic picnic into an evening event to remember. This look is both sophisticated and relaxed for the perfect sunset get together with the girls. Here are our 6 steps to a gorgeous boho picnic.
What you’ll need:
- Start with a low table or for a DIY approach opt for pallets.
- A tablecloth or if you’d like more of the table to be showing, opt for a table runner.
- Your seating of choice. From floor cushions to normal cushions, you want your guests to be comfortable. We also love how our Havana ottomans look with this style.
- Our favourite part! An Insta-worthy centrepiece and décor galore – the world is your oyster. We’ve styled with trending candle holders and some of our stunning Christmas range that can be used all year through.
- A place setting to remember. A place setting can be as simple or as extravagant as you’d like. During the festive season we love to add hanging tree decorations.
- Invite the best company and ask them to bring the drinks. We recommend Mr Consistent mixers!
If a lavish soiree is more your thing, you’ll want to keep on reading. We’ve got the tips and tricks for you to pull together the event of the season. There will be no shortage of good times and good style.
These are our top 5 styling tips for throwing the lavish soiree of the season.
- Centrepieces are everything! While we always love a gorgeous table addition, they’re the heart and soul of fancier events. From floral bouquets to dried arrangements this is your time to get a little creative.
- Plan your table linen. There’s a saying that “if everything matches you have your life together”, well, in this case it might be true. There is something effortlessly beautiful about matching table linen from napkins to table clothes and runners.
- Speaking of napkins, elevate your place settings with a napkin ring like our Colada Pineapple rings. This subtle addition will add extra style to the event.
- A lavish soiree would not be complete without the truly gorgeous Briella glassware range. The champagne coups have been designed with a long stem to perfectly complement your wine glasses.
- Impress your guests with a cocktail made from the freshest ingredients. Might we suggest Mr Consistent to shake up the weekend.
There is nothing subtle about our beautiful Australian sunsets, however, sometimes all we want is some good company and to enjoy the view (without a lot of preparation). While we can let the sunset be the main event, we’ve got a couple of essentials for you to make the most of the evening.
What you’ll need:
- A simple, but stunning, tray like our Hester is a great place to start. This addition elevates any affair with very little effort.
- You can’t go wrong if you have beautiful glassware – we love our Malibu, Brooklyn or Florence range for a simple yet stunning look.
- The best place to enjoy our gorgeous sunsets is of course outdoors! Add a little comfort and style to the space with a new set of outdoor cushions.
- While summer evenings are nothing if not warm, for those friends who always seem to be cold, add a light throw they can easy grab when the night time chill sets in.
- No matter your style of summer sundowners make it extra special with a few small additions. We sure to tag us in your setups @pillowtalkaustralia.