Easy Kids Christmas Pudding Recipe
With the Christmas holidays just around the corner, many of us start to wonder how best to keep the kids entertained for weeks on end. In an attempt to avoid excess screen time, why not look to something more traditional? Get creative in the kitchen and enjoy some good old-fashioned family time. We’ve created a simple, no-bake pudding recipe perfect for your little ones – and a tasty adults-only version just for you.
- 1 x 800g store-bought fruit cake (or Madeira cake for kids)
- A dash of milk (to help cake to stick when rolled)
- 100g white chocolate melted (or milk chocolate if kids prefer)
- Red and green lolly snakes, chopped in quarters
- Sprinkles and sultanas for decoration
- 6 tablespoons of brandy (for an adults-only variation)
- Break the cake into small chunks, rolling it into balls.
- Add a dash of milk if required, to help the mixture stick.
- Microwave chocolate chips until melted, stirring thoroughly until smooth.
- Once cooled, spread the chocolate over each ball.
- Create a berry-like design with two pieces of green lolly snake, and one red.
- Alternatively, let your little one decorate their creation with the toppings of their choosing – think sprinkles, sultanas and more!
- For an adults-only batch, add 6 tablespoons of brandy to the mixture before rolling.